News Ticker powered by Fox News

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chyrsler Bondholders' Attorney: White House Threatened My Client

On Friday, bankruptcy attorney for some of the Chysler bondholders, Tom Lauria, went on Detroit’s Frank Beckman’s morning talk show (WJR) to make this eyepopping accusation about the White House's actions toward them. Somewhere, Nixon is smiling from the life beyond:

Lauria: Let me tell you it’s no fun standing on this side of the fence opposing the President of the United States. In fact, let me just say, people have asked me who I represent. That’s a moving target. I can tell you for sure that I represent one less investor today than I represented yesterday. One of my clients was directly threatened by the White House and in essence compelled to withdraw its opposition to the deal under the threat that the full force of the White House Press Corps would destroy its reputation if it continued to fight.


Let's roll the audio back on that:

One of my clients was directly threatened by the White House and in essence compelled to withdraw its opposition to the deal under the threat that the full force of the White House Press Corps would destroy its reputation if it continued to fight.


Using Robert Gibbs and company to pound a private citizen who opposes the Bully-in-Chief into submission isn't something that the President of the United States would do. Is it?

Apparently, it is.

After all, he publically went after Rush Limbaugh and Rick Santelli whenever they expressed his desire for America to not turn into a socialst state and questioned his policies, and he gave Major Garrett and the rest of the Fox News reporters the equivilant of the silent treatment because Fox didn't air his 100th day sermon...I mean press conference.

However, there is not any evidence of this other than Lauria's testimony. So, nothing will probably come of this, but after what happened to Limbaugh, Santelli, and Garrett, we must start wondering if there is a pattern developing here with the Obama administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment